“Haven Senior Investments is pleased to introduce an Assisted Living Offering with two facilities with a total of 100+ beds. Located within the state of Missouri, the these communities provide assisted living services to both the elderly and those with mild mental or cognitive impairment. The communities are dually licensed by the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services (DHSS) and the Missouri Department of Mental Health (DMH). The local need for these services is sufficiently strong and maintains consistent high occupancy with little marketing effort. Several programs, public administrators and placement agencies refer a steady stream of prospective residents and facilitate Medicaid reimbursements. Locations in both the southern and central parts of the state allow the facilities to reach a wide audience. It is not uncommon for them to maintain a waiting list of prospective residents. There are flexible layouts with multiple buildings and/or separate wings to provide service flexibility. One area is set up for elder care and another may cater more to cognitive impairment. Additionally, separate buildings and wings can facilitate the needs for quarantine or specialized care. All communities have direct staffing oversight in psychiatry, nursing, and medical direction. Operationally, the facilities run independently and smoothly with administrators at each location along with experienced staff and an on site manager. Additionally, a regional Executive Director oversees all operations. The business currently produces a healthy annual cash flow, which automatically increased in 2023 due to the recent state increase in Medicaid payments combined with the cost of living increase in Social Security payments. These revenues are reflected in the proforma analysis and have already been passed into law. The properties were renovated in 2015 and 2019.
• 103 total beds offered with very stable occupancy.
• Cash on cash return over 28% with proposed financing.
• Current revenues will automatically increase in 2023 due to Medicaid and SS legislation recently put in place.
• 1,440 sf single family residence on the Acres property can be used for additional revenue and/or staffing.
• There is an SBA 504 assumable loan of approximately $440,000 at 3.5% interest offered with the business.
• Community occupancy easily maintained with little marketing effort and longer than average resident stays due to the younger average age of residents, which is 52.
• Missouri regulates the number of licensed long term care beds in the state through CON (Certificate Of Need) laws, which control the market supply and limit competition.
• Missouri pays a monthly housing grant for each resident with Medicaid in addition to paying for personal care.
• Locations qualify for USDA financing.”